sleep sleep sleep

From what i can gather sleeping has become a very interesting subject, in conversation since kynans arrival. First off i don't get any for starters, if you compair it to when he wasent in exsistence. And this whole last week i have had very little because of his cold. I alwas wonderd about sleep and why people ,older people needed it so much. As a teen i would go to bed at 11-12 pm and wake up at noonish. Now i go to bed at 10-11pm and wake up once a night to help kynan and then wake up at 6:20 to et ready for work, kynan also wakes up at that time to. We both have a breakfest and watch sportsnet in the morning. What a luxury it is to get 1 hour more of sleep a day. It amazes me that sleep as become more importent then sex!!! I know, I know it's hard to believe, but i'd give up a night of steamy love making to have a full day of sleep.
What has my life come to. Please understand i'm not complaining, i'm just pointing out that as a parent you prioreties change, the first week kynan was home fom the hospital was probable the hardest of my life, with 4 days lack of sleep, and working all day i was to the point were i would be talking to someone at work and be noding off at the same time. Thank you mom for making the first few nights a little easier, my mom came and sleeped over the first few nights to help. I remember hearing that we as humans need 7-8 hors of sleep a day!! i get 6-7 .heres the questions
1. Tell me about your lack of sleep storys
2. Whats the longest you've gone with no sleep ?
3. What would you rate higher on your prioratie list sleep or sex?

6 Comments:
During Abby's first week of life I slept a total of 13 hours. The night I had her I got 0, the next night I had 45 minutes and then a couple hours each day after that. It was tough but something kicks in and keeps you going!
There is no way if I came to you and said, "I'm in the mood for stamy love making", you would give that up for sleep. You are a horn dog, let's face it. Carleen spent one night with us, which was an amazing blessing because like Jen, we got 0 hours sleep. But if you recall, you took a week off to help me with the baby. It just seemed like Kynan's first week lasted the whole month because he got sick and I got my gahlbladder out. A very eventful month. You are amazing in everyway. Just to let everyone know, Dana looked after Kynan last week throughout his strep throat with no complaints. When I got home the house was clean, the laundry done and he had done some major pruning in the back yard. Everyday I am so thankful that Kynan has an amazing dad and I have an amazing partner in parenting. I love you sweetheart and I am very proud of you.
LOL! I was going to say that Susie. I think if Jordan hadn't slept in a week and I propositioned him he wouldn't turn me down. ;)
Hi Dana,
Sleep deprivation? I know a LOT about that topic. I don't think I had a good night's sleep for the first 2 years after Alex and Rachel were born. I would daydream about winning the lottery and then having the luxury of having a night nanny. But I know in reality I still would have gotten up in the middle of the night to breastfeed them. Looking back I cherish those memories of cuddling them in the middle of the night, feeding them and getting them to doze back to sleep. They grow up too fast. Now that they are older I still feel tired most of the time. Even as I write this blog I'm thinking that I should really head to bed but I want to stay up and watch the rest of American Idol. So get used to lack of sleep. It's a small price to pay for our wonderful babies.
nice comment box!
nice comment box!
Post a Comment
<< Home