ahhblogoff

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Do you ever feel like.....................


This blog is about my thoughts, things I think about . Things that I wonder about. Questions I'm afraid to ask, Just because I think I already know the answer, or I can only think about the negative side. Please understand I'm not a cry cry about me kind of guy. I'm a positive guy someone who enjoys life even thought some times I never know were it's going. My friend Sam invited me and Susan to a choices seminar in penticton on wedsday night. It was to get more information on the course. There was one thing that was said that hit home for me. Sam came up to me and asked how I was I said "good", he replied "good, if good is just good enough is better possible". I was tong tied . How can you answer a question like that. What can you possible say as a come back.

What is better? ................................... I'm a big dreamer so I can think of ample things that would be better, like if I had a nice new car or a bigger house, a crouch rocket, chopper or a big boat or a vacation home ext ext ext. But the thought that kept going though my head was what will make you happy to your core. I don't have the answer. I really wish I did, I know if I helped people in need that would be make me happy to the core. But then again maybe it wouldn't.

he's some questions I ask myself on a regular basis.

Why me?
What do I want?
What can I do so I can stay at home with my family?
why do I feel so drained?
is this going to school to get a better job going to work out?
why don't my old friends call ever, and ask how i'm doing?
why does it seem that I'm always making the effort to see friends, and not visa versa?(miller is exempt from that thought)
where am I going in life?


I know there not the most interesting thoughts but there mine so blog off. I know I'm happy in my relationship with my beautiful wife, and I love hangin with my son. It just seems that sometimes I just want to be wanted by my friends . I know this is pretty harsh. Please understand I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I don't know if you get this too, but does it ever seem that you put yourself out there for other people If they need your help your always there for them. But the feelings are not giving in return. I know your suppost to give with out the want for anything in return. I guess in my personal life I can honestly say that I have not had a friend go over and above to want to spend time with me, exept for my wife. Am I that funny looking?

Heres some questions for the mind.

three questions:
1. Is good good enough? is better possible?
2. Do friend go out of there way for you?
3. Do you ever feel unwanted by people?

p.s. link........

6 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting post for sure. They are all questions that I think are true for alot of people. Everyone says treat others the way you want to be treated. It is sad when alot don't follow that message. There is a lot of recieveing in the world and not a lot give. I know there is a lot of good people but I believe there is more that aren't. I have shared my life with you and your wife. I thank you so much for that. You guys have been great friends since I have gotten to meet you. Everyone will come around in time. I think be lucky that you have 2 very special people in your house because there is a lot of people that want that life. I am one of them. Have a great day.

Miller

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Well said Miller. I agree.

I think what it comes down to is being happy with what we have and focusing on that. A lot of people would kill to live the life you lead Dana. You may not think it's perfect, but it would be perfect to someone. A happy marriage, a cute kid, a nice home, a few good friends. You are blessed!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Shalane said...

Good is sometimes good enough for me, sure i want more, but i am a person of many wants in life. I don't have many friends what so ever that have ever gone above and beyond for me, but i understand i sometimes don't do that for people either. And for the last one, YES, i have many times in my life felt unwanted by people. I think these are phases we go through also feelings we feel that actually aren't true. i think you are an awesome brother woulnd't trade you for the world, or the moon on a platter. I am quite happy to be called "Dana's little sister" i hold that title with pride. Don't ever feel that your not good enough, because the only person that can change that feeling is you, you have the power to make you life "UNREAL". So live life to the fullest, experience as much as you can, and go out there and ge dirty...
Love you tons,
-Shalane*

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I understand completely how you feel, lovey. Sometimes I wish that my friends from high school would take an active interest in my life, but to be honest I have come to the realisation that we are in different stages in our lives and we find it hard to relate to one another. To the friends I have in Summerland, most of the time I feel like we are heading in the right direction. We are just getting to know each other so it is that awkward weird stage we are kinda act, but then there are people like Jen I feel like I have known my whole life. One thing that will always make my life fabulous is you! You are the only person in my life that I will ever need to feel loved, happy, complete! I understand your longing for more- with friends, career, life in general. But please know that I would give up all my friends, my beautiful home, every "treasure" we own to spend eternity with you. You are my love, my life, my infinity! Miss you and I will be home soon.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Kaili said...

I have my days of feeling like no one really gives a shit about what I am doing or are interested in my life, they come and go. Also with the whole friend thing, I feel like I don't make friends easley, I'm not like you or Sha where you both could walk into a room and leave hanging out with a bunch of people. I do treasure the relationships I DO have as I would rather have a couple REALLY good friends than 30 people that I just hang out with. But that is how I see it and I realize that not all people want that. And of course other people would look at you and only be able to dream up the stuff and life that you hold, but it's hard to grasp that when you are in it and you feel a need for MORE, just in a richer life sorta sense. If want things to change YOU need to change them. Robin would love to hang out with you, he always says that, he really loved working at the daycare with you and he loves any oppurtunity he gets to just hang out with you or play hockey. So yeah, hopefully you can make changes in your life that will better fulfill you!!! Choose to be HAPPY!!

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Susie said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!! Hunny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home