ahhblogoff

Thursday, November 09, 2006

I GOT IT , OK NOT YET, BUT SOON.........





Well I finally took the plunge, I spent more then I really wanted to but I new I had to, it was a must buy, okok, I'll tell you the story. It all started on my birthday , I got a nice little bit of money and I was thinking of all the cool things I could buy. Well after a lot of pondering I choice to get a laptop. So I researched it and researched it and picked one out that I thought would suit my needs. And of course I was wrong. I bought it off e-bay for a smoking price a dell c640, for 440.00 shipped. The one I really wanted was the dell m1710 but it costs about 2800.00 a a little out of my price range. So after using my new dell for about 4 months I found it was not suiting my needs. I needed a faster stronger and more powerful machine. So I sold it. And went on a hunt looking for a better machine. Well 3 weeks ,late night(that I'm suz was not happy with) and a lot of report reading, I found the one. Dell inspiration 9400 17 inch screen, intel duo core 1.73 ghz processor, 1 gig ddr ram, 80 gig hard drive, DVD burner Bluetooth, windows media edition with TV interface and tuner, 256mb nvideo card, built in wireless, and on and on and on. This thing is a beast. Well I first stopped at the dell web page to see what a new one costed, a freaking 1599.00 plus tax and shipping, a total of like 2000.00 yah no thanks. So I want to my little friend eBay. And bid on one 950 my highest bid. I got it for 910.00 us plus shipping. A grand total of 1200.00. a 800.00 savings from dell. Know being that it still costs a lot oh money I convinced my wife that I was worth it( which I am) And we used some of my savings money for school stuff for it. I can't ell you how exited I am , from all the reviews this thing is freaking awesome. The first pic is of my old laptop, the others are of the new one... The baby should arrive in 3-5 days I'll make sure to let you know how it is.











Questions .

1. Anyone have a hankring for any new electronics that have just come out?
2. What's the best thing you've ever bought for yourself?
3. What electronic device cold you not live with out?

4 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Kaili said...

Awesome Dana! I 'm so glad you got a "toy" you really wanted and are excited about. One of these days I will upgrade ours too, but for now it works fine for what we need. I would really love to upgrade our desktop. Get a nice big flat monitor, a dvd burner...Jaia bought us a new sound system for our computer last night. It rocks. Plus I would LOVE a new printer. We looked at them last night, so cool! I'm in love.
I would love to see your "baby" when it arrives in 3-5 days. :)
Plus I need you to teach me how to use e-bay, please, please... :)

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting - love your posts! You encourage all of us Dads - wish we could have all of your strengths and hopes and dreams.
It is hard being a DAD and you make us all feel hopeful!

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep on posting!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I am not really into electronics like you love- you know that. But I am always up for a big box of scrapbooking supplies, or painting supplies anyday! I am happy that this labtop is making one of your dreams come true- LOVE YA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home