Being a grown up........Ok maybe not.


When I was younger I used to mow lawns for extra money, I made 80.00 a month and would have it spent the day I got it. I used to love the money, but hate the work; I remember wishing it would rain everyday so I would not have to mow the lawns. The funny thing is, just yesterday I found myself looking out side at my back yard wishing the rain would stop so I could mow it. How sick is that. How we change when we have children of our own. Another thing I realized yesterday was, how much I enjoy keeping my house clean. I remember hating to clean my room, I used to have the floor of my room covered in lego, with spaces that had no lego so I could get to my bed(if you don't believe me ask my mom). I find myself wishing, suz would go out with kynan, so I could just clean the whole house. But being that I have little to no time with my family, I use what I have to spend quality time with them. Lastly my biggest thing I find funny about myself is how doing dishes is not as bad as I remember it. When I was little I never did dishes , manly because I hated doing them. However, when suz and I moved to summerland, the dishwasher that came with our house did not work. So instead of going out and getting a new one, I called some repair places to get ours fixed . But because it would be a minimum of 100.00 to get them out here I said "no thanks", and went on washing dishes by hand. I was looking on castanet about a month ago and saw a dishwasher for sale. Be ing the cheap bastard I am, I e-mail the guy with a low ball offer, he said sure. I have never been so exited to get a dishwasher then I was at that moment. How life has changed. I no longer get exited about things like a new hockey stick of , a new pair of pants. I get exited about mowing my lawn, or making dinner for my family, to taking out the trash. How far I've come from the little guy who hated cleaning and doing chores.
Questions.
1. what things did you used to hate doing that you find yourself enjoying?
2. what defines a grown up?
3. what is your most enjoyable chore?

5 Comments:
Nice post D. I don't think you cared about those chores when you were younger, cause now it's YOUR SPACE, and it's nice to have a NICE SPACE. That's a cute picture of Ky Baby at the beach! I like!
I don't mind doing chores now, I also like having a small place so it can be completely cleaned in not long at all.
Thanks for updating, keep it up!
Chores......they always seem to be there! I like a clean home and space so that is why I do them, I do not like gungyness. Kaili is right I think in the fact that once you have your own place you want it to be clean and workable.
Mike likes it when I am annoyed or ticked because I tend to go on a cleaning spree when I am mad.
I can not say I enjoy doing chores because they are things that just need to be taken care of but, I will say this, I like doing chores more than exercising!
(this stupid keyboard is not letting me type apostrophes or use the arrow keys, do not mind the lengthyness of this comment).
Where is this excitement when I ask you do the chores you say you love doing?!?!? Maybe I catch you at the wrong moments, eh!! I use to wait doing dishes too.... and oh wait I still do! What else... no I use tolove tidying up and still do I just have to be in that cleaning mood. What makes us grown up. I don't think any one thing in particular makes us grown up- it is the fact that we have experiences under our belt that we have learned from. Perhaps even jadded us. I forget what your 3rd question was, but I do want to say thank you for looking after Ky boy and I yesterday. I love you.
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »
Post a Comment
<< Home